Business Systems Analyst (Programmer Analyst) - SAP BI & Reporting
1500 Riveredge Pkwy Suite 100 Atlanta, GA 30328 | Direct Hire
Business Systems Analyst (Programmer Analyst) – SAP BI & Reporting
Our client is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of Business Systems Analyst (Programmer Analyst) – SAP BI & Reporting. As a person knowledgeable in the SAP BI (BW/BOBJ) modules and processes, the mission of this position is to analyze business issues and to identify projects and technologies which will enable significant improvements in the corporation’ s reporting and decision support functions. The Analyst formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both business needs and a solid understanding of industry requirements and best practices. This position may also assist in routine maintenance for specific modules in the company’ s suite of business applications. This position collaborates with business process owners to foster a positive IT customer relations environment.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for the following functions:
- Define business requirements jointly working with management and professional staff in user departments. Technical solutions must satisfy the business needs for the future, i.e., consider company growth and customer service objectives.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly BI reports support, development and implementation.
- Responsible for data extraction processes from SAP and Non-SAP systems.
- Responsible for data integration with other systems
- Develop working relationships with a diverse group of business people and gain an understanding of the complex nature of the Company’ s business. Maintain familiarity with the business plans of the Company and the departments serviced. Remain knowledgeable of information technology and Company business operations.
- Develop detail system design which support the system requirements. Conduct technical reviews and walk-through of IT design documentation with development and design team members.
- Provide support for designated application systems. Augment and facilitate the design, development, implementation of enhancements to existing business systems.
- Provide guidance in creating standards, testing procedures, version control, etc. Maintain a professional awareness of tools and techniques that might be used to improve the quality of service.
- Other duties as assigned
- Working experience in SAP Business Warehouse (BW) (7.4 & 7.5)
- Working experience in SAP Business Objects; WEBI & Crystal Reports
- Strong knowledge of all areas of BW/BI including data extraction, staging, transformation, and query development
- Experience with developing custom data sources and enhancing existing data sources
- Understanding of best practices in BW/BI data modeling
- Experience or knowledge programming in SQL and/or Oracle databases
- 4+ years IT experience including 1-2 years in SAP BI modules. Experience in both implementation and application support is desired. General experience should include systems architecture and business processes like those at the company.
- 4-year college degree in general or IT-Related field required. Equivalent work experience considered.
- Knowledge or experience of SAP Data Services, HANA, and/or BPC a plus
- Knowledge or experience of SAP SD, HCM, FICO, MM, PP, QM a plus
- Experience integrating BI functionality with the SAP Enterprise Portal a plus
- ABAP experience in developing custom Transformations and User Exits a plus