5850 Granite Parkway, Suite 1200 Plano, TX 75024 | Contract
The focus of the BA’ s effort will be identifying, gathering and documenting solution requirements (traditional or agile) that meet our customer needs for various Products/Initiatives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Has the ability to identify business needs and determine solutions to business problems.
• Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs in the following business areas: Reporting, Invoicing, boarding, order entry, and host access.
• Works as a liaison among multiple stakeholders and/or subject matter experts in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs.
• Analyzes technical specifications to generate functional requirements.
• Conduct industry/product research and analysis with little or no oversight.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Analysis, Information Management, or a related area of specialization required
• 3-5 years of field experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Analysis, Information Management, or a related area of specialization required
• Understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, validation, and management practices, and the ability to apply them in the context of a given project required
• An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to the specific software development life cycle approach practiced in a given environment required
• An understanding of project management concepts and how business processes and information systems are developed required
• Familiarity with requirements engineering systems (such as Quality Center) is a plus
• Payment processing business or application domain knowledge is a plus
• Familiar with programming languages and web environments such as: .net, VB.net, ASP, XML, C#, J#, SOAP, OCX, VB6, etc. preferred
• Working knowledge of MS Excel, Access, Word, and HP Quality Center required