Big Data ETL Team Lead/Architect
1125 Sanctuary Parkway Alpharetta, GA 30009 | Direct Hire
BigData ETL Team Lead/Architect
The Team Lead/Architect will be part of a Product Engineering team developing and supporting a customer and partner facing cloud based, SaaS product. This platform gives our customers, partners, and professional services teams valuable insights to increase productivity, efficiency, and ROI. Using some of the latest technologies like Big Data, IoT, Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning and modern data collection mechanisms, our platform gathers operational and support information for analysis and provides consolidated and actionable information to help our customers and partners manage their devices in the field. In this position, the Team Lead/ Architect will be working hands on with the team to build new and innovative data solutions. The Team Lead/ Architect will lead (hands on) the effort to build POCs for employing the latest technologies, Processes, Methodologies to enable our products to deliver the highest value proposition to our customers. The Team Lead/ Architect will quickly become conversant with overall ETL architecture of the platform and all the technologies utilized within the ETL and data layer. The Team Lead/ Architect will live and breathe the cutting-edge technologies and acts as a Technology evangelist on the team. The Team Lead/ Architect will work closely with Product Management group, Application development team, and members of other teams that maintain supporting applications and systems.
Key responsibilities include implementing Data extraction, parsing and massaging of large disparate data sets using multiple platforms and technologies to enable complex data analytics and visualization. This person must be able to design robust and efficient ETL workflows in a cloud environment like AWS, Azure etc. This person should be able to develop proof of concepts and scalable solutions for real world products using the latest technologies. Must be able to lead a small team 4-5 ETL developers in high quality implementations with error handling and recovery while meeting schedule, scope, cost goals for the team. The Architect/Lead should have the ability to work with PMs to put together a plan for deliverables and execute the plan along with the team.
- 10+ years of overall software industry experience
- 5+ years of experience developing ETL workflows in BigData environments
- 3+ years of hands on experience with Scala, Java, spark and related technologies
- 2+ years of experience in AWS Cloud, Architecting ETL solutions, building POCs
- 2+ years of experience in Data Lakes, Big Data platforms, Hadoop, Casandra, Impala, ELK Stack
- Exposure to Predictive analytics and Machine learning a big plus
- Strong experience with full SDLC – Requirements, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment using Agile methodologies
- Ability to work with Business Leaders, SMEs and BSAs to understand the requirement and to convert the business problem into a technology problem and find the solution for the same
- Must have experience converting the concepts in to algorithms for complex business problems
- High Maturity level with the ability to lead the team intellectually, technologically
- Ability to act as the go to person for the team and be able to guide the team members in problem solving, designing, building robust solutions etc.
- Experience of leading a team of 4-5 resources
- Advanced level of knowledge in SQL
- Experience of Agile/Scrum
- Experience of working with worldwide clients (NALA, EMEA, APAC)
- Experience of having worked with other software product firms, particularly in the platforms or infrastructure space will be a plus
- Must be a team player with excellent coordination skills
- Must have very good communication skills, both oral and written
- Must have a BS / Advanced Degree in Computer Science or other relevant disciplines