BSA III (SAP HCM)
1500 Riveredge Pkwy Atlanta, GA 30328 | Direct Hire
SAP Business Systems Analyst (HCM, Success Factors)
As an expert in SAP Human Capital Management and Success Factors modules and processes, the mission of this position is to analyze business issues, challenges, and opportunities to identify projects and technologies which will enable significant operational improvements in the corporation’ s Payroll, Human Resources, Finance, Benefits and Compensation functions. The Analyst formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both business needs and a solid understanding of industry requirements and best practices. In addition, the Analyst may function as a project manager to coordinate and facilitate the work of cross-functional company resources assigned to technology projects. This position may also assist in routine maintenance for specific modules in the company’ s suite of business applications. This position collaborates with business process owners to foster a positive IT customer relations environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- The SAP Business Systems Analyst is responsible for the following functions:
- Define business systems requirements jointly working with management and professional staff in user departments. Technical solutions must satisfy the business needs for the future, i.e., take into account Company growth and customer service objectives.
- Develop working relationships with a diverse group of business people and gain an understanding of the complex nature of the Company’ s business. Maintain familiarity with the business plans of the Company and the departments serviced. Remain knowledgeable of information technology and Company business operations.
- Responsible for assisting user and IT management in setting priorities within the Payroll, Human Resources, Finance, Benefits and Compensation areas and work with IT Leadership to communicate with senior management.
- Instructs, directs, and checks the work of less experienced Business Systems Analysts. Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project. Familiar with the systems scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the work team.
- Develop detail system designs which support the system requirements. Conduct technical reviews and walk-through of IT design documentation with development and design team members. Review and critique the technical documentation of other systems to assure quality products.
- Provide support for designated application systems. Augment and facilitate the design, development, implementation of enhancements to existing business systems.
- Provide guidance in creating standards, testing procedures, version control, etc. Maintain a professional awareness of tools and techniques that might be used to improve the quality of service.
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-year college degree in general or IT-Related field required. Equivalent work experience considered.
- Specialized or technical knowledge:
- 6+ years IT experience including 3-5 years progressive experience with design, configuration and support of SAP 6.0 HCM modules to include: PA, OM, PY, and Benefits
- 2+ years of experience in working and configuring Success Factors modules, Employee Central, LMS and On-boarding preferred.
- Hands on experience with integration between Employee Central and on-prem HCM using Boomi and/or HCI strongly desired.
- 2+ years-experience with integration of SAP Payroll with Benefits, OM and PA
- Experience with Time Systems Integration with SAP Payroll. ADP or Workbrain preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in a production support role working with Payroll, HR and Finance users
- 2+ years-experience with configuration of payroll schemas, rules, payment models, enhancements, features and wage type maintenance
- 2+ years’ experience with configuration and maintenance of Tax Reporter, Models, Authorities and Forms
- 1 Full Cycle Conversion experience
- Experience with requirements analysis, spec development, design and support of 3rd party interfaces
- Experience with Payroll and FI/CO integration
- Experience with automated test tools, LSMW, e-CATT, Winshuttle, etc preferred
- Experience with configuring, maintaining and upgrading BSI Tax Factory and Tax Locator preferred
- Experience with SAP Query Report creation and InfoSet Maintenance
- Understanding of SAP Data Dictionary and Table Structures
- Knowledge of Functional, System, Integration, Unit and Regression testing
Other Required Skills:
- Strong understanding of business operations and best industry practices
- Demonstrated perceptual and analytical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to translate technical information into language non-technical people will understand
- Work closely with members of business functions (Payroll, Human Resources, Finance, Benefits and Compensation) to facilitate effective solution implementations and provide knowledge transfer of system functionality to Super Users, Subject Matter Experts, and end-users
- Work closely with ABAP developers to define programming requirements and test programming solutions
- Modify, test and validate system configuration. Prepare detailed functional specifications for development activities including reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, features, and forms
- Build and execute unit testing, integration and regression testing (build test cases, perform tests, and make changes to configuration or processes based upon results)
- Document and control all changes made to production systems via Change Control processes
- Strong leadership to lead effective project and staff meetings
- Tenacity to set and achieve complex objectives from multiple teams in order to meet business objective, and to effectively manage cross-functional resources