Application Development Manager
2170 Piedmont Road Atlanta, GA 30324 | Contract To Hire
Application Development Manager
Department: Application Development
Education: M.S. degree in Computer Science or Information Systems major. Equivalent experience may substitute for requirements.
Experience: Has a minimum of 10+ years of professional experience.
Summary (scope and purpose): Technical expert-level position. Analyzes requirements and develops effective solutions. Plans, conducts and supervises assignments, generally involving the larger and more important assignments or more than one assignment. Reviews progress and evaluates results and recommends major changes in procedures. Serves as application expert/advisor for at least one area of the business. Assignments require experience, originality and ingenuity. Operates with considerable latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Acts in liaison and advisory capacity with other departments, divisions, and organizations. Oversees all system design and technical aspects of a project. Responsible for communicating between the technical team and the project manager. May lead a team of developers on a project.
- Possesses and applies an advanced, comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of all aspects of application development.
- Is expert in translating user requirements into programs.
- Has expert level of business knowledge in at least one area and a high-level of knowledge in several other areas
- Possesses strong leadership, organization, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of RBS policies and procedures and contributes to the development and maintenance of these procedures.
- Typically an expert in at least one technology domain and has an in-depth knowledge of several.
- Has a flexible perspective and willingness to expand technical skillset.
- Has proven experience in leading assignment/projects
- Has demonstrated strong project planning skills.
- Has made a significant contribution to projects
- Understands internal/external clients; may require awareness of external trends and best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs the role of Senior Programmer/Analyst.
- Serves as application expert/advisor for at least one business area.
- Responsible for the systems design and technical implementation of both custom developed applications and integrated packaged software.
- Acts as the main contact point for all of the technical aspects of the project.
- Oversees all system design and technical aspects of a project.
- Ensures 100% SOX and Internal Audit compliance for the technical aspects of a project.
- Responsible for communicating between the technical team and the project manager.
- May lead a team of developers on a project.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to team members in design and development methodology.
- Advises on technical issues and serve as top-tier technical support to the team and users.
- Promotes adoption of standards and process improvements across development activities including testing, version control, and code review.
- Communicates and collaborates with all project team members to ensure high quality and timely product delivery on the technical side of the project.
- Works with the management of the technical resources to manage project/resource plans and schedules.
- Works with the technical team to prepare time estimates, schedules for the technical side of the project plan.
- Provides the project manager with timely updates on the technical side of the project plan.
- Ensure all technical designs are fully documented.
- Provides guidance for others in multiple, complex technical areas.
- Mentors team members in technical patterns, practices and standards.
- Provides on-call and remote support as needed
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by their manager.