2200 N. Pearl St. dallas, TX 75201 | Contract To Hire
Our client is seeking a self-motivated, highly skilled Java/J2EE developer in our ARC National Department with excellent business stakeholder management skills.
The individual selected for this position will help develop, enhance and support applications of high complexity and scale for the Accounts, Risk and Credit (ARC) group. In addition to the core technical skills individual also need to have excellent analysis skills.
- Work directly with business stakeholders and business analysts to help facilitate requirement understanding and documentation.
- Formulate concepts and develops solutions based on defined business requirements.
- Design, coding, testing and documenting new systems or enhancements to existing systems
- Work with common applications designs and specifications, utilizing industry and System standard procedures, products and methodologies.
- Handle customer service requests and incidents, help build knowledge repository
- Adapt frameworks and best practices established for the project.
- May perform other duties as assigned by management or as required by the position.
Functional Knowledge: Requires depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field.
Expertise: Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services.
Problem Solving: Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
Impact: Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies.
Interpersonal Skills: Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view.
Bachelor`s degree is required.
Java certification is a plus.
Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted.
- Two to three years of experience using Spring Framework, ORM JPA, JSPs and XML.
- Proven ability in partnering directly with business stakeholders regarding application requirements and analysis.
- In-depth understanding of security concepts and, secure coding practices.
- In-depth understanding and demonstrated use of object-oriented design principles as well as Java EE patterns and frameworks.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires experience with Application server such as WebSphere, Weblogic or JBOSS.
- Practical experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM) tool (i.e. Subversion, Clear Case, etc.).
- Performance engineering experience.
- Developer testing practices (i.e. JUnit and understands the differences between unit, functional, and system tests.
- Unified Process (UP) or agile software development methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, mentoring and team building, problem-solving and analysis skills
- Team player with strong analytical, verbal and written communication.
- Experience supporting a production application