Dallas, TX 75039 | Contract
Location: Dallas, TX
Mobile Application Developer (Android)
Designs and develops customer facing, self-service mobile applications for Android and internal business-facing mobile platforms that facilitate business interactions and access to customer and operational data. Responsible for estimating, programming, documenting, debugging and testing of multiple business applications within the environment; interacts with IT staff and business users as appropriate; develops solutions in accordance with established Division and Group IT policies and architecture.
- Analyzes end user requirements and develops mobile applications that interface with existing systems.
- Completes technical analysis, design, and coding for development and support initiatives.
- Assists junior staff members with code reviews, design solutions and complex issue research.
- Assists manager with resource allocation to development projects, manage around release schedules, and work with manager to prioritize deliverables.
- Provides production support as needed for multiple applications that are maintained.
- Performs as a technical adviser on system architecture, level of effort estimates, project plans/ and timelines and internal practices.
- Coordinates the review of specification, user sign-off process, and the development of user manuals.
- Leads testing efforts by evaluating failed test cases and performing appropriate coding fixes, as well as supporting coding changes resulting from user acceptance testing.
- Ensures that all code conforms to software coding practices and standards and that all code is being properly tested.
- Ensures system integrity and assists in installation of technological upgrades, implementation and training to support new programs/system.
- Coordinates with Release Manager for deployment packages and release notes for deployment of applications.
- Provides accurate and timely status reporting as needed, including task and time reporting.
- Constantly learns and improves technical knowledge and expertise during software development.
- Adheres to all corporate guiding principles, processes, policies, standards and procedures.
- Participates in and contributes to all phases of Delivery Methodology and Software Development Practices.
- Has a passion for learning and staying updated on emerging trends and technologies.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent work experience strongly preferred. Relevant technology certification is encouraged.
- 4+ plus years of hands on experience developing, implementing and delivering Android applications, at least 2 years in a senior role.
- Hands-on experience with building and testing mobile applications with Android SDK
- Expert in development of both UI and non-UI components
- Skill in various third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with REST APIs and web services is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of object-oriented concepts and design patterns
- Deployed one or more applications to a public mobile app store required
- Experience in mobile interface design and development.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and support.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills and effectively collaborates with other team members and project stakeholders.
- Ability to estimate project deliverables within a 25% variance to the actual completion time.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and manage workload based on project deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Enthusiasm for automated testing is desired.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks is desired.
- Experience with source control management (such as Git) is desired.