Analyst, System Administrator
Atlanta, GA 30312 | Contract
This is a Systems Administrator Analyst position with the Windows Operations and Backend Applications team. This individual must provide hands-on expertise to support 500+ critical Windows servers in an enterprise-level, high-security, high-uptime environment.
Candidates must have an understanding of Windows 2008/2012 operating systems on both physical and VMWare hosted systems. They must also possess a basic understanding of centralized systems management, security, and monitoring. Candidates will work with minimal direction to implement hardware and software solutions to improve site efficiency, performance, and security, guided by operational and project objectives. Candidates will participate in the planning phase for systems requirements on projects to upgrade or migrate infrastructure systems and services, and own tasks for the implementation of those projects. They will also participate in user management and access control in an audited environment. Candidates will need to manage multiple assignments and processes and shifting priorities. Essential
Duties & Responsibilities
• Deploy Microsoft security and application as well as 3rd party application patches to Windows server environment. These processes include change management, coordination with application teams, testing, rollback and auditing.
• Deploy and validate builds of Windows servers on both physical and virtual hardware based on compliance standards and build documents. Update documentation to reflect new builds or decommission activities; provide input to improve deployment processes. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Energetic and driven to provide top-notch service to internal clients.
• 2 years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience. • Knowledge of systems administration and operating systems.
• Strong knowledge of enterprise level systems infrastructure
• Solid understanding of change management processes and the ability to follow those processes unerringly.
• Ability and initiative to execute broad assignments requiring minimal direction with personal accountability. Desired Skills and Experience: • Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Must possess the ability to interact with both senior management and technical staff.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and comfortable with adjusting to changing priorities.
• Extreme attention to detail. Education & Experience
• AS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field (desired, not required).