Service Desk Technician II
30000 Mill Creek Avenue Alpharetta, GA 30022 | Direct Hire
The primary job function for the Service Desk Technician II is to provide secondary incident management support for internal and external customers using Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) based practices and procedures to provide best in class technical service support. This position has the potential of taking calls 60% of the day. Primary responsibilities include incident management that will come from monitoring the Company devices and networks or directly from customer inquiries. This position is responsible for troubleshooting the incident and escalating to the correct personnel within Customer Operations. This position is the escalation point for the Service Desk Technician I group. Additionally, this role performs as the communication hub for Customer Operations. Notifications and updates on issues are provided by the service desk on a daily basis throughout each shift via the Shift Brief.
- Monitoring of electronic devices, radios and/or other hardware or software offerings as part of a managed service or data hosting customer agreement.
- Troubleshooting and sustaining/improving managed service Radio Frequency (RF) and Internet Protoco (IP) network capabilities through the use of various monitoring tools and applications.
- Receives and resolves incident requests from internal and external customer inquiries by providing support via the telephone, e-mail, etc.
- Works independently 70%+ of the time.
- Acts as escalation point for Service Desk Technician I group; responsible for knowledge transfer for escalated incidents back to Technician I group via training.
- Each shift (day, swing, night) will be responsible for communicating the Shift Brief documentation.
- Logs, accurately tracks and documents all incidents in call tracking database, Customer relationship management (CRM).
- Escalates incidents in accordance with the service desk procedures.
- Acts as communication nucleus for all of Customer Operations including after hours incident management responsibilities.
- Maintains individual education plan with goals to achieve.
- Supports and adheres to Company’ s core values.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Supports and adheres to Company’ s Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy.
- Represents Company in a positive, professional manner when working with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
- Personal Computer skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Keyboard/typing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Write and execute SQL and Oracle queries.
- Data analysis Technical troubleshooting.
- Associate' s degree (A.A.) in electronics, computer science, or related field.
- Plus a minimum of 2-3 years experience in customer service, technical support in related field, or utility industry.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be acceptable.
- Experience with the following software programs: Windows, Windows Server Environment, Microsoft Office, SQL Server, Oracle, UNIX, Sun Solaris or related programs.
- Experience with general PC hardware, communication devices, and/or networking. RF experience desirable.