*TECHNICAL WRITER - End User Documentation/RoboHelp
Rancho Cordova, CA 95655 | Contract
TECHNICAL WRITER: END USER DOCUMENTATION/ROBOHELP
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Technical Writing, English, Computer Science, Communication or related field.
- Minimum of five or more years of technical writing or equivalent combination of education and technical writing.
- Advanced in Microsoft Windows operating system environment, Microsoft Office, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop and RoboHelp. Captivate, Camtasia expertise plus but not required.
Under the supervision of the Documentation Manager, this position is responsible for producing high-quality end-user documentation that meets company and customer standards; performs writing tasks on required documentation projects, including format and editing; analyzes existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities; creates and edits graphics, configuration diagrams, worklows, product screens shots etc. This includes the timely development and delivery of HTML web documentation and any other related project document sets.
- Advanced Microsoft Word skills:
- Ability to use and adhere to existing styles and templates as well as to create and manipulate styles and templates as needed.
- Understanding of unique application behaviors, such as section breaking and related header/footer dependencies.
- Advanced RoboHelp skills:
- Knowledge of RoboHelp single-sourcing capabilities, with the ability to conditionalize and set up re-usable content (e.g., snippets).
- Ability to develop and publish different output formats, including responsive HTML 5 help and printed documentation.
- Ability to create, adapt, and manage CSS/styles, master pages, page layouts, and templates.
- Understanding and ability to manipulate table behavior for different output formats as well as multi-level lists.
- Knowledge of graphics and other best practices for working within RoboHelp.
- Other required skills:
- Excellent mastery of the English written language including spelling, composition, and grammar.
- Demonstrable ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms.
- Ability to work constructively in a collaborative environment with all members of the project team (i.e., Documentation, Development, QA, Project Management).
- Ability to edit draft responses for clarity, technical accuracy, continuity, readability, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and spelling.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, which may require overtime hours
- Ability to work independently for extended periods of time as well as to coordinate documentation activities with other team members at each stage of the process.
- Ability to adapt to unexpected changes in the project schedule that affect documentation deadlines.
- Ability to work with extensive electronic file systems and to maintain an organized, logical hierarchy according to department standards.
- Ability to adhere to existing stylistic conventions
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, even when standards or processes deviate from individual expectations
- Ability to multitask with numerous high priority demands in an intense, deadline-driven environment is a must