*Sr. Systems Engineer
Rancho Cordova, CA 95655 | Contract
Job Posting/Req Details:
Summary: Provides technical support for solution delivery including: analysis, design, evaluation, configuration, installation, documentation, testing, training, and general support across the functional areas of the solution offerings. Occasionally provides presales activities and proposal development support for the group. Acts as a technical advocate for internal and external customers; ensuring timely responses to requests, issues, and concerns as it relates to project activities, sales, and/or marketing support. Understands and fully comprehends the features and benefits of our primary products and customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
65% Perform as a member of a team of engineers for the design, evaluation, configuration, installation, testing, and support for technology, database, software, hardware and related services for our offering Biometrics IT solution technology & product. Provides technical support to other engineers or project managers to ensure uptime for mission critical law enforcement systems. Physically installs hardware & software for customer projects and marketing trade shows.
10% Ability to analyze, diagnose, and solve complex technical systems issues related to our offering Biometrics IT solution technology & product
5% Provide technical support to sales for RFI/RFP/RFB technical responses, including the staging of benchmark/test systems, and identification of software issues.
5% Provide input on the implementation of software and make concise recommendations to project managers, project staff and sales managers on technology factors for projects or project pursuits.
5% Assist other engineers, project managers, project staff, and sales staff in defining customer technical requirements and specifications for system/product design.
5% Works closely with development and the delivery team to ensure the product solution addresses current customer requirements and expectations.
5% Documents procedures, policies, proposals, specifications, implementations for project and sales staff to review.
- Must have minimum 8 years of IT solution engineering experience to include:
- Installation of software packaging received from development teams
- Configuration of hardware environments
- Configuration of OS and application software
- Administration skills for Linux and Windows operating systems is a must have
- Oracle and/or MSSQL experience required
- Working knowledge of relational database concepts
- Familiar with NAS/SAN storage solutions
- Must be able to effectively analyze and troubleshoot complex problems using logic and methodical reasoning
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, and mission critical uptime requirements.
- Software/Hardware Skills: Experience with scripting (shell; BASH, PERL, etc) a plus
- Experience with SQL/PL SQL is a highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in English; ability to clearly and concisely explain complex situations to customers and project staff
- Must be willing and available to be on-call in a scheduled rotation, with extended hours potentially necessary for serious problem resolution.
- BS -Computer Science preferred