*Oracle Database Developer
Rancho Cordova, CA 95655 | Contract To Hire
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies Oracle based database applications that form a part of integrated software solutions used in local, networked, or Internet-related application suites. Work with complex data models and object relational database structures. Write database PL/SQL packages, procedures and triggers according to the business requirements. Work with a development team in the design, development, testing, tuning and implementation of database applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
60% Development, coding, testing and integration.
20% Support and Troubleshooting of data issues.
10% Documentation, training and support.
10% Requirement capture and analysis.
Education: Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or related field.
- 6 - 8 years of experience in database development and design
- Proficiency in Oracle 10g, 11g, PL/SQL
- Proficient in understanding Data Models and relationships to be able to write complex queries
- Strong Analytical skills to triage various production issues and provide fixes/solutions
- Experience with SQL Developer, SQL Plus, Toad and/or other Oracle application tools
- Experience handling LOB objects
- Experience with Data Modeling tools like ER-Win
- Experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Perl
- Proven experience developing and performance tuning large scale enterprise database applications with high transactional volume
- In-depth knowledge of various Oracle objects and PL/SQL features
- Experience in developing business scenarios, process flows/models, test cases and scripts
- Strong technical documentation ability
- Strong verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based development projects
- Experience with Team Foundation Server for release management and defect tracking.
- Familiarity with multiple Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, Windows)
Certifications/Licenses: OCP and OCA certifications are a plus