iOS Software Engineer
Cleveland, OH | Direct Hire
- You will develop and maintain new and existing iOS applications in our agile environment.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into deployed applications and features.
- Interact daily with the systems and processes used in professional software development, including source control, bug tracking, testing, etc.
- Within the first few months of work, you will design, prototype, implement and deploy one or more core platform services.
- The process will include developing an early understanding of the product, documenting design and code details and participating in peer code reviews. The resulting service will require integration with other existing systems, as well as with our performance and availability monitoring suite.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) - cowboy coders need not apply.
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed queuing, and more.
- Experience writing iOS applications
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Objective-C development experience
- 3+ years of development experience on the iOS platform
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks.
- Strong experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, and optimizing code for application performance.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced startup. We ship to thousands of people on a very regular basis, with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
Nice to Haves:
- PHP experience.
- Ruby or Ruby on Rails experience.
- Java experience.
- Experience with payments processing and/or Social API’ s (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- All the coffee you can drink.
- Full Insurance Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision with company contribution
- Matching 401k
- Macs or Linux desktops, Big ‘ ol monitors, two if you need ‘ em
- We pick people, over degrees… and reward awesomeness.