Frisco, TX | Contract
Defines, develops and maintains code for software applications using established project methodology and guidelines. Implements design and testing processes for successful implementation of new or changed software applications. Focuses on innovation and quality.
- Software Development:
- Designs, analyzes, writes, tests and documents code for new or existing software applications.
- Creates application specifications, diagrams, flow charts and other documentation to support the design and development if needed.
- Develops innovative technical designs and collaborates with team members to develop and maintain code quality and standards.
- Project Team Work:
- Collaborates with other team members to drive the achievement of team goals.
- Ensures that completed software applications comply with architecture, design and development standards and conventions.
- Ability to have conversation with clients designers about functionality, performance, design and usability.
- Provides technical advice, instruction and training to other developers with less experience.
- Issue Resolution:
- Proactively works with peers, managers and clients to research and resolve issues in software applications.
- Enjoys troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical Expertise:
- Maintains technical knowledge and best practices with focus on researching and making recommendations for emerging and future technology trends.
- Solves business and technical problems by leveraging expertise and technology from across the organization.
- Decision Making:
- Takes the lead on projects and in work teams and able to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Able to balance data with intuition and experience when making decisions.
- Willing to become involved in and make decisions about issues in areas that are initially unfamiliar.
- Demonstrates a bias for initiating action on decisions and is seldom a bottleneck due to decision procrastination.
- Rapidly assimilates and learns new information and encourages information sharing.
- Synthesizes information from multiple sources into a meaningful representation of how change and innovation will create improvement.
- Generates new ideas, approaches or solutions that can be introduced to existing processes or to new systems.
- Establishes rapport and is straightforward and approachable.
- Listens carefully, asks pertinent questions, responds effectively and adapts personal style to suit the audience.
- Speaks, writes and presents in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to comprehensibly convey technical ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Understands the overall project strategy and is able to communicate the vision to team members and business stakeholders.
- Results Focus:
- Drives for results and defines how success will be measured. Identifies and organizes the tools and resources needed to accomplish tasks.
- Contingency plans to anticipate and work around barriers to task completion.
- Pushes through challenges to achieve results.
- Bachelor’ s or advanced degree in computer science or the equivalent in directly related experience
- 5 years experience in software development in a professional environment
- 2 years developing iPhone apps
- Extensive experience in all aspects of application and project life cycle, including requirements, design, development, testing implementation and support
- Proficiency in Objective C, Swift and Apple SDKs
- Experience with service integration, stitching to RESTful interfaces and designing service interfaces
- Passionate about user experience and applying good design principles