iOS Application Architect
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
The iOS Applications Architect will work with iOS and server-side integration development teams to implement solutions, provide guidance on overall architecture and design, and enforce the use of best practices and standards. The iOS Applications Architect will have a proven track record in evaluating, recommending and delivering architectural solutions, resulting in successful application implementations.
Key areas of responsibility:
- In partnership with the Infrastructure Design and Application Development team, lead the definition of the architecture for the mobile application including the technology used and methodology followed to deliver the mobile application.
- Design a fast, resilient, and scalable mobile application which incorporates technical infrastructure strategy, configuration, and management and provide solutions to optimize performance and scalability.
- Create component design, identify component interaction within the broader system environment, recognize potential reuse and communicate these concepts to developers.
- Create and participate in producing team deliverables (including architecture and technical design documentation, standards, code development, and QA) to high quality standards.
- Work closely with Product Management and development teams to satisfy business requirements for new features and the next generation of product offering by taking ownership of the solution from end to end and being responsible for translating functional requirements into a mobile solution.
- Enforce sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise mobile solutions including, but not limited to, executing code reviews.
- Act as technical advisor for application development and internal teams in the IT department, to plan, implement, and support new and existing mobile technologies.
- Assist with the development of consistent technology frameworks, platforms, standards and processes and identify current and future mobile application development trends to be incorporated into a strategic roadmap.
- Deliver mobile platform and architecture recommendations based on project requirements and industry best practices.
- As the subject matter expert, mentor junior team members to design, build and maintain application systems.
- Resolve technical issues and identify risks by building consensus among technical stakeholders.
- Provide third level support for the mobile application platform as needed by participating in on call rotation and troubleshooting incidents.
- Develop a mobile strategy and road map for the development and deployment of an innovative portfolio of customer facing mobile Point-of-sale applications.
- Establish strategic relationships with mobile development partners.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years in software development
- 5+ years in iOS development.
- Expert coding skills in Objective-C.
- Expert level in Object Oriented Design and Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML) to integrate mobile applications to server side systems
- Experience with mobile analytics
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Strong collaboration and coaching skills
- Debugging, troubleshooting: ability to translate symptoms and problems into root causes
- Highly motivated, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate technical jargon into easy to understand and clear terms
- A continual learner that stays up-to-date on the latest technologies