Denver, CO | Contract
We currently seek an XboxOne development engineer for our Native Platform Development team, specifically to support development of our XboxOne application. The Native Platform Development team occupies a unique, strategic role with a large degree of autonomy in architecting and building Native, HTML and Mobile Video applications. Additionally, this group also performs pioneering in true IP Video space; work in cross-platform video services to set-top boxes, networked media appliances and mobile applications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in design and development of Xbox application features.
- Insure that processes are in place to adequately monitor the XboxOne application.
- Add logging and reporting as needed to support detection and diagnosis of problems
- Detect, triage and fix customer-impacting issues
- Provide period reports on application health
- Provide field support and help to resolve field issues in real-time
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with cross-functional teams from Development to System Operations and Systems Engineering.
- Work with outside data sources and API's
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of Xbox One development
- Xbox 360 development experience is a plus
- A thorough understanding of Xbox software development
- Experience with ABR technologies and Smooth or DASH video streaming
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with Visual Studio and Windows platform development
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- A passion for providing customers with an exceptional and robust experience
- Familiarity with Fiddler Proxy
- Familiarity with Splunk and remote logging