Windows Systems Engineer
13560 Morris Road Suite 1000A Alpharetta, GA 30004 | Direct Hire
Skills: Windows Server experience, Active directory, Exchange, VMware skills, Client-facing customer service experience
Performs the installation, maintenance, repair, and monitoring of Data Center Infrastructure to ensure proper functionality and performance, including associated operating system software and hardware components such as Windows Servers, VMware, Exchange/Active directory, Storage, and Monitoring tools.
- Responsible for focusing on Data Center Hosting & Managed Services, Maintenance, Installation, Repair, and Monitoring of the client' s infrastructure.
- Maintain daily operations for Windows Server infrastructure and components
- Configure DNS, DHCP, GPO’ s and Active directory changes and implementations as needed
- Support VMware in NetApp SAN environment
- Perform systems maintenance, responding to tickets and customer issues.
- Hardware & software administration and maintenance for a 24/7 mission critical environment
- Monitor/maintain/troubleshoot existing environment
- Follow and implement best practices with regards to data center operations
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Response to system alerts/reports
- Communicate regularly with the support and other teams of production impacting issues
- 3-5 years experience as a Windows Systems Administrator or Engineer
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, GPO’ s, DNS, DNCP
- 2+ years experience with VMware (ESXi, vSphere, vCenter) – basic experience
- Experience monitoring systems for Windows and Linux infrastructures using Zenoss, Nagios, OpsMgr, or similar tools.
- SAN Storage experience/knowledge (NetApp, iSCSI, and/or Dell)
- General knowledge of Cisco switching and routing
- Familiarity with Linux
Employee will enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, flexible hours, telecommute 1 day/week, 401k match