Windows - VMWare Systems Engineer
Aliso Viejo, CA | Direct Hire
POSTION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The primary responsibility of a Windows-VMWare Systems Engineer is to provide the technical expertise needed to support day-to-day operations. This includes leading efforts to design, maintain and audit our rapidly growing infrastructure that must meet the needs of a challenging set of development, operations and business requirements. A Systems Engineer will be expected to demonstrate innovative approaches to solving the unique challenges encountered at a rapidly expanding software company and be able to safely guard our infrastructure. The ideal candidate has a very strong understanding of core system administration concepts, experience implementing and monitoring servers along with experience of configuration change management.
Key Areas of Responsibility Include:
• Provide senior system administration expertise to the IT SaaS team.
• Assist in ensuring 24/7 availability of services and infrastructure in our production environment
• Respond to afterhours emergencies; lead the mitigation and resolution processes.
• Research, develop, and implement new technologies and best practices.
• Implementing, supporting, and migrating windows servers (Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012)
• Proficient at implementing, supporting, & managing enterprise SAN/NAS storage solutions (EMC, HP, etc.)
• Managing & supporting storage capacity plans
• Managing & supporting Microsoft Active Directory domains (Server 2003, 2008, 2012)
• Proficient at implementing & maintaining Microsoft Windows Clusters
• Implementing & supporting Microsoft Group Policies (GPO)
• Virtualization implementation, support, & maintenance (HYPER-V, Live Migration VMWare, vSphere)
• Quickly identify performance bottlenecks and provide remediation strategies
• Managing, provisioning, and maintain equipment life cycles
• Develop internal documentation for key systems and services.
• Proactively monitor and audit the health and availability of our systems.
• Participate in scalability and growth decisions.
• Assist the Development team’ s efforts in troubleshooting complex issues.
• 5+ years’ experience with Windows system administration, BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
• Possesses In-depth knowledge and experience with the implementation and support of Windows servers
• In-depth understanding of industry best practices (PCI DSS, SOX, SSAE)
• In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN networks
• Knowledge of network load balancing technologies (Cisco, F5)
• Possess knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts
• Experience working with hardware, software, and third Party Vendors
• Experience with Change Management Processes
• Possess excellent written and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Recent experience handling on-call duties in a critical production datacenter
• Microsoft Certifications
• ITIL certification and familiarity with ITIL best practices
• Experience with SAN technologies
• Experience with data analysis / monitoring tools (WhatsUp Gold, Solar Winds, GFI)
• Experience in implement and supporting Cloud computing infrastructures
• Exposure managing, implementing, and supporting Cisco UCS (Blade Solution)
Visit our careers site for a list of the benefits offered in your region in addition to a competitive base salary and strong work/family programs.