Web Operations Manager
Plano, TX | Direct Hire
Web Operations Manager
The Manager, Web Operations owns the overall production health of the consumer facing digital products and platforms for one of our Fortune 100 clients. This person will lead the Service Desk for the Web Operations team which provides tier 1 application support at a client site, with total responsibility for production and service level reporting. This person will also provide support to maintain the operations of an enterprise web environment. This person must be able to operate in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision. A highly technical background with a deep understanding of web applications like app/web servers and databases is desired. Works well independently and in teams to solve challenging IT support issues. This is a " hands-on" management position; the ideal candidate will be able to coach, motivate and lead the team, while also being capable of assisting with the execution of integration and operations activities. If you are a great troubleshooter who can see above the fray and identify improvement opportunities with a knack for impressing the client you will find a home with us in this position.
- Design, implement, and manage the web operations service desk operations, from capturing request/problem reports to assuring that they get resolved in a timely and efficient basis, striving to continuously improve the process, procedures and customer experience.
- Design and manage an exceptional " on-boarding" experience for new employees at the client' s location, enabling their employees to be super productive during the day
- Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary
- Interact with the application vendors and application managers to provide solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- Establish working schedules, support coverage, on-call rotations
- Manage web operations help desk staff and all associated work assigned to the team.
- Facilitate resolution of production issues and provide leadership to the Technical Support Analysts
- Develop reports on a weekly and monthly basis to track team activity, problem management, service levels, to provide updates to both client and internal executive management.
- Articulate technical needs and solutions directly to the client when required.
- Set and document operational standards, drive adoption across development and support teams, and ensure adherence.
- Manage multiple geographic teams, US & China, to meet performance KPIs in the support of environments.
- Required BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline is required
- DevOps experience a plus
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification preferred
- At least 4 years of experience in technical operations and/or technical service delivery.
- Possesses strong IT background in systems, software, hardware and networks.
- Familiarity with ticket/bug tracking systems.
- Service oriented mindset
- Ability to mentor a team and create strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in outsourcing IT services and operational support
- Ability to design and manage a services organization
- A motivated self-starting personality, able to work independently while maintaining patience with constant interruptions and multiple requests
- A sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities and be comfortable working with mission critical systems
- Experience design, deployment, management and improvement of service desk operations for IT services
- Skilled at vendor management, service and operations support environment
- Strong technical experience with a broad set of technologies spanning both UNIX (Apache, JBOSS) and Linux (PHP, Apache, MySQL)