Web Applications Developer
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
Developer – Web Applications
Open position for team member building commercial grade client facing web applications using the latest web and database technologies. Applications will be built using Microsoft backed technologies and leading edge frameworks for frontend browser UI development.
The scope of work includes a full range of UI types and elements including transitional data input, reporting, graphs, and dashboard data visualization via the browser built on a REST API backend infrastructure. The system will be built with an API-first design approach. Included in the scope of work is designing and defining API needs and contracts with other teams to build out the supporting business layer. The developer will be required to have experience in web application layout, scripting, and frontend UI frameworks but offers exposure to working deeper into the backend systems by developing API elements as well.
The position grants the opportunity to create a large scale single page Angular web application from the prototype stage through design and build while assisting our QA and Service Delivery team in testing and deployment. The applicant will be expected to operate in a fast-paced team environment to design and build a multi-tenant application to support thousands of business users.
Best practices and design methods will be utilized to insure the success of the projects. Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent technical training)
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Development experience and comprehensive understanding of Microsoft .NET Framework and Visual C#
- Experience in Microsoft APS.NET technologies including Web Services/SOAP and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server backed applications/systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL and stored procedure language
- Competency in Visual Studio development tools and Team Foundation Server
- Ability to work with development and QA teams in a team environment
- Ability to learn the business and products quickly, and adapt to a dynamic development environment
- Translate business requirements into a solid, reliable, and secure design
- One or more certifications: Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD), and/or other certifications
- Usage and Handling of Microsoft Azure PaaS & IaaS
- Competency in Microsoft VB.NET
- Experience in Agile environment
- Experience in the Transportation or Logistics Industry
- Consulting experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good Planning and organizational skills
- Detailed oriented