User Interface Engineer
Edison, NJ | Contract To Hire
As a User Interface (UI) Developer you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems. You will work with senior developers and technical leads to design and develop highly usable web based user interfaces.
You will be an accomplished, well-rounded user interface developer, with a mastery use of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks and a thorough understanding of the implication of software designs and implementation choices on application usability, performance and maintainability.
The UI Developer will join our Digital Advertising team. This team is responsible for develop and maintain the Digital Advertising front end solutions responsible to help leverage our customers brand and market exposure. The solutions include Unified Advertising Dashboard that provides up to date metrics of the current campaigns; Manage Investment that allows customers to set their advertising budget; and the brand new Compass, a dashboard that lets the user set the best Advertising strategy for their organization.
• Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code
• Participate in the design and development of new industry-leading products, with proven advanced technologies
• Enhance the performance and reliability of our current web-based applications
• Collaborate with developer team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
• Knowledge of UI Concepts including application development using MVC architecture
• Proficiency in subject matter must be developed. Context and understanding is everything for a developer
• A bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or related experience
• 5+ years front-end development experience
• Strong user experience and visual design skills
• Knowledge of other languages/technologies such as Java, Groovy/Grails, etc.
• Experience with front-end build tools such as Grunt or Gulp
• Experience with version control tools such as Git
• Familiarity with developing across multiple devices/platforms and browsers
• Experience working in a fast paced Agile (SCRUM) environment
• Good communication skills