Alpharetta, GA | Contract To Hire
The Client Technology program will leverage advanced technologies and analytics to deliver an asset-powered portfolio of solutions to enable market differentiation. The program is forward looking and will be making use of the latest releases of technology from Microsoft and open source technologies. The program offers a chance to work on web applications that span the spectrum of devices from desktop to mobile.
The UX/UI Manager will be responsible for delivering a full portfolio of design services within our business line. This position will reside in the team creating the new working model for software projects at the firm which will lead to a lot of residual opportunities to share out, teach, and mentor others on best patterns and practices for user experience and user interface design and development.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
To qualify, candidates must have:
- A portfolio showcasing UX artifacts (user journeys, process flows, etc.) and UI/Visual Design comps.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with a concentration in user experience design for enterprise applications or large public facing web sites
- Ability to further establish, improve and define the UX/UI strategy within the organization keeping in line with organization goals.
- Leading the direction and maintenance of a consistent UX/UI across all products, digital experiences and user touch points.
- Working closely with key stakeholders, management, technology teams and operational teams to research, design, prioritize and to assist in ‘ taking to market’ various concepts product functions and enhancements.
- Able to easily communicate Human Computer Interaction design principles
- Thorough understanding of how to illicit true business need and requirement from core business resources that might lack technical knowledge.
- Ability to guide, oversee, or produce user research, user testing, relevant persona diagrams, journey maps, process flows, wireframes, UI designs and bridge the gap between design and development working closely with the Front-End Development teams
- Ability to plan, lead, and facilitate design thinking workshops, white boarding sessions, or project initiations
- Working Knowledge of Lean, and Agile from a User Experience process point of view
- Deep experience with wire framing / storyboarding tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch, PowerPoint (with VS Storyboard add in), etc.
- Experience and capabilities with rapid prototyping tools such as Axure, InVision, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience creating HTML simulations
- Bachelor’ s degree in a technical field and/or equivalent work experience
- Self-driven to stay abreast of current technology trends
- Proven ability to thrive under pressure
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Managing a team of UX and UI designers
- Ensuring project requests are allocated to appropriate resources, meeting business needs, are delivered on-time and ensuring a consistent customer experience through the various applications within the service line.
- Hands-on UX/UI position
- Ability to simplify complexity in order to translate them into intuitive mobile/web experiences
- Ability to persuade key business and IT stakeholders where necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Establish and execute process and establish roles
- Provide Level of Effort estimates for requirements
- Track project tasks, provide status and ensure tasks are completed on schedule
- Facilitate knowledge sharing to cross functional teams
- Acting as the spear head of all UX efforts across existing design and development competencies across the full user-centered design lifecycle.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Educate and endorse best practices across all UX competencies.
- Own responsibility for quality of design output.
- Maintain a hands-on approach where required to deliverables that span the full user-centered design lifecycle.
Additional desirable skills (optional) are the following:
- Mobile Design & Development
- Software Application Design
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience in a financial sector