Alpharetta, GA | Contract
The UX/UI Lead will be responsible for delivering a full portfolio of design services within our business line. This position will reside in the team creating the new working model for software projects at the firm which will lead to a lot of residual opportunities to share out, teach, and mentor others on best patterns and practices for user experience and user interface design and development.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
To qualify, candidates must have:
- A portfolio showcasing UX artifacts (user journeys, process flows, etc.) and UI/Visual Design comps.
- Experience working with big data and data visualizations
- Able to easily communicate personal opinions on Human Computer Interaction design principles
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with a concentration in user experience design for enterprise applications or large public facing web sites
- Thorough understanding of how to illicit true business need and requirement from core business resources that might lack technical knowledge.
- Able to elaborate a process and lead the execution of it to fulfill user research or user testing
- Ability to produce relevant persona diagrams, journey maps, process flows, wireframes
- Ability to elaborate an end to end process with meaningful outputs that support and jumpstart development efforts
- Ability to plan, lead, and facilitate design thinking workshops
- Working Knowledge of Lean, and Agile from a User Experience process point of view
- Deep experience with wire framing / storyboarding tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch, PowerPoint (with VS Storyboard add in), etc.
- Experience and capabilities with rapid prototyping tools such as Axure, InVision, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience creating HTML simulations
- Bachelor’ s degree in a technical field and/or equivalent work experience
- Self-driven to stay abreast of current technology trends
- Proven ability to thrive under pressure
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Hands-on UX/UI position
- Ability to simplify complexity in order to translate them into intuitive mobile/web experiences
- Ability to persuade key business and IT stakeholders where necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Establish and execute process and establish roles
- Provide Level of Effort estimates for requirements
- Track project tasks, provide status and ensure tasks completed on schedule
- Facilitate knowledge sharing to technical teams
- Able to manage/support a full lifecycle of a project for multiple projects
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Leadership capabilities
Additional desirable skills (optional) are the following:
- Mobile Design & Development
- Software Application Design
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience in a financial sector