Atlanta, GA | Contract
As an Technical Writer you will be responsible for developing the technical documentation associated with many of products and solutions. Given the nature of the business we are in, we desire a leader who can structure, organize, build and lead a world-class infrastructure and production support team. Our products and solutions are cloud based and as a result we will require a leader who can establish a scalable, stable and efficient infrastructure that is highly available for our global client base.
This is an exciting and demanding role for a Technical Writer who likes to work with engineering teams, has a startup mentality, adaptability to change, and a get-it-done approach to execution.
This role will require the Technical Writer to be:
• Detail oriented
• A strong team player who can work across architecture, engineering and QA teams
• Knowledgeable about the software engineering lifecycle
• Able to document complex software applications and products.
• Familiar with developer documentation, programming languages, and developer outreach.
• Comfortable working across API-level technical documentation, higher level technical guides and feature briefs
• Be familiar with digital assets, design, and layout
• Experienced with content management systems and similar tools
• Familiar with documenting app interaction workflow and UI
• Experienced with cloud-based document sharing
• Able to communicate using their excellent composition and grammar skills.
Our ideal candidate is a technical writer who has knowledge of how to capture and document the following for use by engineering, QA, UI design, customer support, and external developers:
• Detailed software specifications
• Functional requirements
• Technical reference materials
• Implementation guides, documentation and tools
• Software end user training materials and guides
• BS/BA degree required in English, Communication, Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Writing, or other related degree
• Preferred 3+ years of technical writing experience with complex software products
• Ability to develop developer or implementation related documentation based upon technical specifications and software product knowledge
• Experience with Jira and / or Confluence strongly preferred
• Familiarity with Agile or Scrum Framework a plus
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks/assignments
• Ability to effectively work as part of a team