Atlanta, GA | Contract
The Technical Writer will serve as an information curator for the IT Department. Primary function will be to work directly with IT Analysts and Developers as well as other business units to detail and document applications and processes. This individual will perform requirements gathering and compose the technical specifications, user acceptance tests, operating manuals and support guides, etc. mainly in the Atlassian environment (Jira and Confluence). They will interface directly with application owners to review and update standard operating procedures and other documents on an ongoing basis.
The Technical Writer will also: Serve as a team member for cross-functional application implementations and upgrades. Work with IT to provide insight in the optimization of current processes and to improve efficiencies. Work independently on projects to support the business units and the IT team. Document system defects and change requests.
1. Document existing applications and processes (Jira and Confluence)
2. Create relevant documentation for IT projects including: specifications, process diagrams, manuals, etc.
3. Create and perform test plans for new project implementations
4. Review automated processes to compile documentation for ongoing support functions
5. Complete IT documentation cataloging using Jira and Confluence
6. Assist with projects and initiatives related to IT
7. Document and determine ways to streamline PCNA IT processes
8. Assist Analysts and application developers in daily support tasks and projects
Education: BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or comparable curriculum.
3+ years of experience as Technical Writer or Business Systems Analyst
Proven history working directly with business users in process and systems analysis and documentation
Project Management experience a plus
Financial and Regulatory Compliance experience a plus
Atlassian Confluence & Jira
SQL and database skills
Experience in MSOffice suite of products
• One Note