Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
Join and manage a team that owns a portfolio of custom developed applications which facilitate the Inventory Assortment Planning, Product Classification, and Product Data Management processes.
As a leader for this team, you will:
- Lead a strong development team which is responsible for the development, delivery and support of the application portfolio. Team includes DBA, front-end dev, back-end dev, UI/UX, BA, QA
- Has overall responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating the development and QA activities relating to incremental application releases.
- Works to ensure that all major operational activities, associated quality and integrity is consistent with company methodology and best practices.
- Provides technical leadership, clarity and direction for on-site resources and vendor teams.
- Ensures technical standards and architecture designs are followed.
- Bachelor' s degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline with an information technology focus; highly desirable to have M.B.A. degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience supervising teams (including completion of performance reviews)
- 5+ years of experience working with executive level business customers
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases
- Highly desirable to have experience in software engineering involving development and testing of applications
- Solid understanding of agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban), including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management.
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT and clients, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate non-direct reporting staff to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
- Experience with AngularJS, Java, and Oracle 12c preferred
- Establish standards, procedures, and KPIs for team reporting and documentation.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel, and manages schedules and plans as required.
- Work with business customers to: build and maintain roadmap of technology initiatives; and ensure team is focused on delivering according to business priorities (backlog grooming).
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Coordinates and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Monitors project results against technical specifications.
- Keep close contact with key Vendor and End-user representatives directly to ensure technologies are providing specified capabilities to customers.
- Gets efforts off the ground, keeps them on track and on budget, and resolve issues with customers.
- Provides leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle.
- Leads the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs.