Systems Engineer IV
Alpharetta, GA | Contract To Hire
The Senior Enterprise Monitoring Engineer is responsible for the research, installation, implementation, and ongoing management of the monitoring infrastructure.
This position reports to the Manager of Enterprise Monitoring and is part of a dedicated team that works closely with other engineering teams to provide technical support for all infrastructure monitoring and management-related activities. This individual may also act as a liaison to other departments, representing the team on all technical matters related to systems management.
This position requires a background in the installation and management (not just an end-user) equally of both infrastructure and application monitoring solutions, with a demonstrated ability to implement and manage change in a large-scale, mission-critical environment.
Strong organizational and communication skills are necessary. A strong background in designing, implementing, and supporting monitoring infrastructures is required.
• Implementation, management, and maintenance of monitoring solutions, specifically from CA Technologies including Application Performance Management (Introscope and CEM), UIM, Spectrum, eHealth, System Edge agents, NetQoS, and Virtual Assurance for Infrastructure Manager (VAIM).
• Ability to manage and create monitors using HP SiteScope.
• Strong skills with network and security infrastructure monitoring.
• Ability to work with both Windows and Linux operating environments.
• Ability to create and maintain both shell and Perl scripts.
• Ability to apply knowledge of monitoring architecture and sound technology principles to deliver high-quality, cost-effective solutions.
• Leading edge technology awareness and research skills.
• Participation in a rotating 24x7 operations and on-call support model.
• Ability to work simultaneously across multiple projects, delivering on key project milestones, and communicating effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Participation in Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing.
• Definition of service offerings, KPIs and SLAs to support both operational and business requirements.
• Presentation of highly technical solutions for engineering and peer reviews.
• Adherence to PCI and other industry standard security requirements.
This position requires a strong technical background in industry standard (SNMP, Agent based, Remote Polling) monitoring technologies, with the proven capability to implement and support complex environments. Experience with CA Technologies, HP Sitescope solutions is required, as is a strong knowledge of both UNIX and Windows operating systems and architecture. Experience in an e-commerce environment is strongly desired, as is a working knowledge of networking protocols and components. Experience with Solarwinds, SiteScope, HP Server Automation, HP Network Automation, HP Operations Orchestration, Microsoft SCOM, is a huge plus.
Excellent people and communication skills are required.
Project management and excellent troubleshooting skills are required.
Strong change management process skills are required.
Other areas of experience that are beneficial include:
• Experience in performance, tuning, and capacity planning.
• Implementation, management, and maintenance of Splunk products and technologies.
• Experience in generating alert and service level dashboards.
• Experience with proactive monitoring and automation of reports depicting performance, availability and capacity trends.
• Familiarity with IBM iSeries, OpenVMS, WebMethods and SOA monitoring solutions.
• Vendor management.