Systems Engineer III
Sioux Falls, SD | Contract
• Serving as an escalation point for the Service Desk
• Systems administration support on Windows and platforms
• Providing restoration for distributed services through Incident Management
• Implementing changes in the distributed environments
• Deploy Microsoft Windows patches, hotfixes, etc
• Schedule patches and verification servers have rebooted during agreed upon maintenance schedule
• Run reports to verify and collect evidence of successful patch implementation
• Conducting regular system health checks
• Experience with Windows AD and user administration duties, including creating users and groups; assigning user and group rights; setting up shares, volumes and directories; and monitoring servers, storage and security events
• Strong problem resolution, trouble shooting and decision-making skills
• Provide technical updates to managers during implementation and troubleshooting processes
• Experience with System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), IIS, SharePoint, Enterprise-class network and database monitoring tools, NetBackup and/or Commvault, and shared storage (fiber channel) systems
• Working experience with Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2, Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DFS, VMWare, Windows Terminal Services, scripting tools, and server clustering (MSCS).
Desired Skills and certifications:
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE) or related Microsoft Certified Professional certifications.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) * ITIL Foundations v3.0 certification required
• Experience supporting VMware-based systems
• Experience with VERITAS Cluster Server
• Infrastructure/System Administration experience on Windows platforms utilizing NAS and SAN attached storage.
• Previous production support for Windows-based distributed systems.
• Ability to work independently and as a dedicated team member.
• Willing to work in US day hours
• Excellent Communication skills