Systems Engineer III
Alpharetta, GA | Contract
Systems Engineer III
• Provide technical assistance/engineering for project based assignments
• Working with cross-functional project teams to design and implement highly available .NET solutions using IIS and related Microsoft technologies.
• Manage one or more of the following technologies: Active Directory, Internet Information Server (IIS), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM), SQL Server, Microsoft Cluster Server, Threat Management Gateway (TMG)
• Providing technical documentation to project and Operations teams as part of project deliverables.
• Performs other duties as required
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience OR a High School diploma and 3-5 years of professional work experience
• Preferred: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE)
• 3+ years’ experience interacting with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
• Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Intel servers utilizing directly attached and SAN attached storage.
• Experience implementing and managing one or more of the following technologies: Active Directory, Internet Information Server (IIS), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM), SQL Server, Microsoft Cluster Server, Threat Management Gateway (TMG)
• Experience implementing hosted and stand-alone .NET solutions.
• Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, CIFS.
• Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
• Scripting experience (Batch, WMI, VBScript, Powershell).
• Experience working on a matrix team consisting of a variety of Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups and Client Relationship groups.
• Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
• Willingness and ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.
• Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.