Systems Engineer II
Alpharetta, GA | Contract
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years progressive technical experience in a multiple operating system hardware and/or application platform as well as 3+ years of solutions integration or systems engineering experience on significant and highly complex projects.
- Broad knowledge of Industry policies, products, markets, processes, technical platforms and major applications as well as an understanding of standard IT principles and practices.
- Demonstrated technical experience in supporting corporate strategies through the development of cross-functional solutions from a technical and financial viewpoint.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to take highly technical information and present to all levels of management, technical staff, business/professional contacts and vendors.
- Strong consulting and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in advanced diagnostics and problem solving methodologies.
- Demonstrated project lead experience in organizing, planning and executing large scale projects from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and supporting large scale global Windows Infrastructures and end user computing platforms.
- Extensive hands on experience in Windows systems engineering, administration and support of devices and servers.
- Strong hands on expertise required in supporting Microsoft Windows Active Directory 2008/R2 and 2012/R2. Experience in group policy & user profile management is required.
- Experience highly desired in upgrading, collapsing, merging and consolidation of complex multi-domain and globally dispersed Active Directory Infrastructures. In depth understanding of directory services, schema, object attributes, replication, DNS, FRS and DFS.
- Excellent scripting skills required with PowerShell.
- Hands on Windows troubleshooting skills required with Server platforms such as 2008/R2, 2012/R2 and client OS such as Windows 7 and 10. Strong expertise in Microsoft fail over clusters. SQL and IIS deployment and administration is desired.
- Experience with automation, orchestration & provisioning tools such as Chef is a huge plus.
- Experience with Active Directory migration tools and identity & access management and single sign on solutions in a huge plus.
- Experience in endpoint management suites such as LANDesk, OMS, SCCM, SCOM, Nexthink is desired.
- Cloud computing and integration experience with PaaS and SaaS environments is a huge plus.
- Hands on Citrix engineering and administration experience will be nice to have.
- Exceptional skills and proven experience in Infrastructure implementation and support of industry standard high performance datacenter technologies, networks & server systems.
- Understanding of globally dispersed, tiered & scalable applications, highly available clusters, load balancers and enterprise class storage systems that meet 7 x 24 100% availability objectives.
- Detailed understanding of global wide area networks, private and public cloud computing technologies and converged infrastructure is desired.
- Industry standard and relevant technical certifications desired.