System Solution Architect (Product Architect)
Atlanta, GA | Contract
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Description Job Responsibilities:
A System Solution Architect provides technical expertise over design, build and deployment process Products and Solutions. As a System Solution Architect, you are responsible for the technical design and integration of application architecture in a distributed, multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. You will determine specifications, plans, designs, and then develop complex business software solutions utilizing appropriate software engineering processes.
Other responsibilities include developing programming and development standards and procedures, participating in business and technology planning sessions and anticipating future business/technology changes. You will also provide design recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy and assist in escalated application support problems. This may require the supervision of others.
Knowledge / Experience Required
• 10+ years of technology experience; 5+ years of these being hands-on implementation experience
• Deep domain expertise in one or more architecture domains – Application, Integration, Information, Infrastructure, Security
• Familiarity with frameworks such as TOGAF, DoDAF
• Familiarity with modeling languages such as UML, SysML, Archimate
• Experience with architecture in an Agile environment
• Experience working with product managers to establish product architecture roadmaps
• Experience facilitating design sessions with development teams for details solutions
• Hands-on development experience (devote 50% to medium/complex development tasks) with ability to develop PoCs for new technologies and patterns, and also act as a development lead when required
• Experience working in a Product Engineering environment (not just enterprise), specifically on SaaS / Cloud product implementations
• Understanding of DevOps and Microservices architectures / design patterns
• Understanding of PaaS enabling frameworks such as Mesos, Kubernetes, OpenShift etc.
• Self-motivated with proven experience learning new technologies and the ability to help others
• Experience working in a startup environment is a plus
• Java application design and development using a Spring (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data + JPA, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Batch)
• RDBMS: SQL Server, Postgres
• NoSQL databases – MongoDB (required), Neo4J (plus)
• Enterprise / Application Integration (prefer open source) – Mule, RabbitMQ, jBPM/Activiti etc.
• Apache Spark ecosystem (ability to program in Scala / Python is a plus)
• Enabling DevOps and CI/CD using technologies such as Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, JUnit, Sonar etc.