System Engineer 1
Alpharetta, GA | Contract
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years progressive technical experience in a multiple operating system hardware and/or application platform as well as 3+ years of solutions integration or systems engineering experience on significant and highly complex projects.
- Broad knowledge of Industry policies, products, markets, processes, technical platforms and major applications as well as an understanding of standard IT principles and practices.
- Demonstrated technical experience in supporting corporate strategies through the development of cross-functional solutions from a technical and financial viewpoint.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to take highly technical information and present to all levels of management, technical staff, business/professional contacts and vendors.
- Strong consulting and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in advanced diagnostics and problem solving methodologies.
- Demonstrated project lead experience in organizing, planning and executing large scale projects from conception through implementation.
- Specialized Technical Skills: (advanced technical and development experience in one or more disciplines required)
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and supporting large scale global Windows end user computing environments.
- Extensive hands on experience in Windows systems engineering, administration and support of devices, laptops, desktops.
- Strong hands on experience in Microsoft Windows Active Directory 2008/R2 and 2012/R2. Experience in group policy & user profile management is required.
- Excellent scripting skills required.
- Hands on Windows troubleshooting skills required with Windows platforms Client OS such as Windows 7 and 10. MAC OS support experience is highly desired.
- Enterprise level experience in managing endpoints (workstations/desktops/laptops) in large globally distributed environments is highly desired.
- Large scale automated OS provisioning, installations, package creation, software deployment, inventory and patch management experience is required.
- Experience with automation, orchestration & provisioning tools.
- Experience required in application and OS compatibility testing.
- Experience in endpoint management suites such as LANDesk, OMS, SCCM, SCOM, Nexthink is highly desired.
- Industry standard and relevant technical certifications desired.