Alpharetta, Georgia | Scout
Support Technician - Hospitality
POSITION SUMMARY: The Support Technician is responsible for providing world-class service to our customers in an accurate, efficient, and professional manner. This position responds to routine and complex customer inquiries via the telephone and e-mail. Primary focus is on providing assistance and basic trouble-shooting regarding service delivery, installation, outages, component level problems, and other technical issues. This position requires in-depth knowledge of each service offering and seasoned POS experience or other Radiant products. Due to complexity of issues and possible sources of problems, the position requires the technician to understand who all of their resources are, how to contact, and proper escalation paths. Interactions with customers must be well documented in the Case Management System. This position is responsible for answering phones/emails, efficiently working cases and resolving issues, escalating appropriate cases to fix customers problems in a timely manner, and following up on issues to ensure timely a resolution. Complexity Issues are growing in complexity by processing a combination of POS software and hardware issues. Customer Service Skills needed:
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral - Clear communication skills, ability to listen and talk with a client or co-worker and understand the meaning.
- Dual Task: Talk & Type
- Professionalism, courteous, ability to remain calm under any circumstance.
- Must be able to offer empathy to any situation presented
- Ability to follow pre-determined escalation protocols as appropriate
- Ability to follow pre-determined trouble-shooting guidelines
- Able to ask appropriate questions when no protocols exist for current situation.
- Ability to search the Portal and follow directions on a client specific SharePoint page
- Proactively seeks to learn new products and diagnostic tools and share knowledge with others
- Installs new releases as assigned, ensuring test installation procedures are followed.
- Performs testing and documentation for installation
- Can produce knowledge management documents to assist others in solving issues
- Can serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for one or more technical areas and product functions
- Provides feedback on product and/or process initiatives developed in other areas
- Performs onsite troubleshooting and research as required
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Schedule varies depending on team, 24/7 accessibility for urgent client issues
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Fast-paced environment
- Overtime may be necessary to complete tasks