Atlanta, GA | Contract
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Support Specialist is responsible for resolving customer support issues and supporting operations and product developers with product-related (technical) issues. This position will focus on supporting advanced database creation and basic architecture.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in a technical support environment with day-to-day experience with SQL Server, databases and related file structures. The ideal candidate will quickly bring value in the support role but has the experience and potential to grow into larger roles within the company as they learn. Required Skills/Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL Server Database
- 3+ years of experience providing level 1 and level 2 support services for product or solutions.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
- Hands on experience with writing and executing SQL queries and creating reports using excel
- Hands on experience trouble shooting issues reported and suggesting probable solutions.
- Good analytic and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to clearly communicate issues and resolution to customers.
- On-the-job experience with database structure and functionality
- Passion for troubleshooting technical issues, serving customers and resolving customer concerns
- Self-motivated, sense of urgency and strong work ethic
- Proactive and independent ability to resolve technical issues while functioning in a support-team structure.
- Strong problem-solving skills/experience
- Understanding of FTP, TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, Firewalls and virtual machines Preferred Skills/Experience:
- Experience working tickets using Salesforce
- Experience working with Jira
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter, be flexible, detail-oriented, a team-player and work well independently
- Familiarity with front-end visualization (Tableau, QlikView, etc.) is a plus