Supervisor, Leave Management
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
Supervisor, Leave Management
The Leave Management Supervisor is responsible for managing the leave and absence administration processes for all employees from leave initiation through closure, including all appropriate communications and transactional updates related to the employee’ s HR record. This role will ensure consistent, high quality care and service is provided by their team of Leave Management Specialists in a high-volume service center environment. The ideal candidate will have experience establishing or running a leave management function or been a part of the transition from a decentralized to a centralized model.
Oversee administration for functional areas, including:
- Employee Leave Requests and Claim Adjudication
- Employee Records Maintenance for accurate HR, Payroll and Benefits processing
- Regulatory Reporting and Compliance
- Communication with employees and HR representatives
- Manage Return to Work process, considering physician information, departmental restrictions and job physical requirements
- Paid and Unpaid Time-Off Administration
- Leave Administration – FMLA, STD, LTD, Bereavement, etc.
- Leave Policy Interpretation & Guidance
Overall responsibility for all aspects of the Leave Management team includes:
- Maintain and develop staff through managing time and attendance, training and coaching individuals, and discipline
- Manage team workload and conduct regular checks to ensure quality of service delivered in a timely manner.
- Serves as a point of contact for escalated issues
- Manage individual performance through goal planning, providing regular feedback, providing growth opportunities, and facilitating performance conversations
- Fosters a team environment to drive ownership of work and encourages team involvement and support around process improvement ideas
- Coordinates team projects and drives for results through task delegation and follow up
- Manages and monitors systems and data integrity
- As a member of the Service Center Management Team, interprets overall strategic vision and communicates overall message to team.
- 5-10 years prior experience in a call center or service center environment
- 1-3 years prior experience leading teams
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing FMLA/STD claims, absence management or similar claims experience
- Knowledge of Leave of Absence regulations and legislation, including FMLA
- Superior Customer Service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Exposure to HR and/or case management technologies (e.g., portal technology, case management, human capital management, etc.). Kronos Absence Management (or an alternative absence management technology) experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
- Experience with HR administration and general exposure / knowledge of various HR functions (e.g., policy, compensation, employee relations, benefits, performance management, etc.)
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Team player with a positive attitude