Strategic Sourcing Manager- North America
Coppell, TX | Direct Hire
Strategic Sourcing Manager
We have a challenging opportunity for a Strategic Sourcing Manager in our North American group-looking for experience with implement credit card solutions (T&E, P-Cards)
The position of Strategic Sourcing Manager reports to the Sr. Director of North American Strategic Sourcing and will lead sourcing activities & contract negotiations while assisting in vendor management actions and the development, and execution of Strategic Sourcing operation across the Client' s enterprise. This role will primarily be responsible for conducting strategic sourcing events and negotiating acceptable terms and conditions with Suppliers to ensure risks are neutralized or minimized to Client' s satisfaction. The candidate will be responsible to drive strategic sourcing initiatives, with a focus on cost savings, efficiencies and contract negotiations. Candidate should have significant experience in contract management, strategic sourcing, supplier relationship development, developing systems and tools while maintaining quality. This position collaborates with organizations such as Finance, Legal, IT and Operations to advance the company' s Strategic Sourcing processes and strengthen our contracts in order to lower costs, minimize risks and meet company objectives.
• Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to identify, plan, execute and report strategic sourcing projects, generating savings in cost/quality/service.
• Develop and execute category sourcing strategies in complete alignment with the direction set and established by client' s leadership and the Strategic Sourcing organization.
• Monitor progress against assigned Strategic Sourcing initiatives and specific country, regional or global cost savings initiatives, while providing support and updates to business stakeholders and senior leadership on emerging opportunities and risks.
• Partner with suppliers to establish volume agreements that take advantage of economies of scale and leverage the purchasing power of client' s on a local, regional or global level. Support the integration of supplier contracts.
• Work collaboratively with stakeholders, business partners, senior leaders, and the Strategic Sourcing team to implement contractual agreements and manage ongoing supplier relationships and performance.
• Ensure that inventory control, required reporting, accounting, contractual, and Legal standards are maintained.
• Special projects, technical projects, and other associated duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 to 8 years’ strategic sourcing or procurement experience in support of indirect spend categories including but not limited to professional services, HR services, facilities, IT, safety / security, capital equipment, travel and consultancy services.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience leading strategic sourcing events
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience negotiating contract terms and pricing
• Bachelor’ s Degree
• Bachelor’ s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business Administration or related field…
• Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task
• Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to work independently