Strategic Sourcing Manager- Global
Coppell, TX | Direct Hire
Client is a premier provider to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Strategic Sourcing Manager in our Global IT/Indirect Category.
The position of Strategic Sourcing Manager will lead sourcing activities & contract negotiations while assisting in vendor management actions and the development, and execution of Procurement operation across the client' s enterprise. This role will primarily be responsible for conducting strategic sourcing events and negotiating acceptable terms and conditions with Suppliers to ensure risks are neutralized or minimized to client' s satisfaction. The candidate will be responsible to drive continuous process improvement initiatives, with a focus on procurement cost savings, efficiencies, drive projects through detailed LEAN, technical, financial negotiations. Candidate should have significant experience in contract management, strategic sourcing, supplier relationship development, LEAN, developing systems and tools while maintaining quality. This position collaborates with organizations such as Procurement, Finance, Legal, IT and Operations to advance the company' s Procurement processes and strengthen our contracts in order to meet company goals.
Position Qualifications: Key Responsibilities:
• Identify, plan, execute, track, and report procurement projects, generating savings in cost/quality/service.
• Sourcing strategies in complete alignment with the direction set and established by Client and Global Procurement.
• Provide Procurement project leadership and support to achieve assigned Global, and Country operations initiatives and savings targets.
• Monitor progress against assigned Procurement initiatives and specific country cost savings initiatives, while providing improvement plan support and updates to senior leadership on emerging opportunities/risks.
• Partner with vendors to establish volume agreements that take advantage of economies of scale and leverage the purchasing power of the client on a Global, Regional, and local level. Support the integration of Global contracts.
• Work collaboratively with stakeholders, business partners, senior leaders, and the Global Procurement team to resolve problems with contract interpretation and vendor performance measurement.
• Ensure that inventory control, required reporting, accounting, contractual, and Legal standards are maintained.
• Special projects, technical projects, and other associated duties to support the client as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 to 8 years’ Procurement experience in support of IT/Indirect Categories
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience leading strategic sourcing events
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience negotiating contract terms and pricing
• Bachelor’ s Degree
• Bachelor’ s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business Administration or related field…
• Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task
• Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to work independently