Sr. System Engineer
Plano, TX | Contract To Hire
Sr. System Engineer
The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for administering, building, troubleshooting, and maintaining internal and external production systems. The candidate must be able to perform moderate to difficult technical and administrative tasks. The candidate will be supporting the underlying technologies related to the Desktop Virtualization Strategy. These technologies include but are not limited to Hypervisors, Load Balancers, Hosted Workstations, or alternate remote protocols. This candidate should be an effective communicator, strong team player, and able to participate in a 7x24 on-call support rotation.
- Contributes to the team effort in the administration and troubleshooting of the Citrix/VMWare VDI environment
- As a member of the Citrix/VMWare team, provide user support for the Citrix/VMWare environment
- Helps document solutions, including build and maintenance plans
- Installs new software releases and system upgrades; evaluates and installs patches; and resolves software-related problems
- Identifies and resolves errors or problems with the existing environment
- Contributes to a healthy interpersonal and team-oriented environment
- Is customer service minded and develops and maintains cordial, effective partnerships with business area and other Information Technology and Services employees
- Ensures that industry best practices are followed for the delivery, implementation and maintenance of systems by employees and contractors
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 8+ years of substantial hands-on advanced level of engineering experience with
o Expert level Citrix, Microsoft, VMWare and related technologies experience including DHCP, Active Directory, Registry, GPO, DNS, AppVolumes, and related)
o Ability to provide third tier technical support to both IT and enterprise customers.
o Experience with Enterprise level concepts and implementations including network/datacenter topologies, enterprise single sign-on experience, web interface, store front-end experience.
o XenApp 6.5+, XenDesktop 7.x+, Horizon 5, 6, 7+
o Must possess the ability to discuss VDI vs. Shared hosted models and the return on investment of each model
o Template imaging replication and backup
o Disaster Recovery plans, recommendations, documentation experience
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment and interact with numerous teams (application development, infrastructure, network, capacity planning, etc.)
- Proven success with software and/or hardware system design, installation, configuration, maintenance, documentation, turnover, support, planning and systems management
- 1+ years of experience with TSM for backups and DR preferred.
- Bachelor’ s degree optional if combined with experience, technical major preferred