Sr. Support Engineering - Enterprise Monitoring Specialist
Alpharetta, GA | Contract
Sr. Support Engineering – Enterprise Monitoring Specialist
Do you love all things Enterprise Monitoring? Do you have a proven background in development or architecture but no longer want to simply code for a living? Do you want to make a difference and aren’ t swayed by the words “ that’ s the way we’ ve always done it”? Do you find it your duty to find issues prior to the Client and consider it your mission to do so? We are currently looking a talented Enterprise Monitoring Engineer to join our Payment Operations team in Alpharetta, Georgia! We are a team of professionals working to change the model for support and aren’ t afraid to take chances for the benefit of our company, our clients, and the future of our application. We are an Agile organization and the Monitoring Specialist will be a member of the Service Quality Team to provide proactive planning and recommendations for monitoring all environments that contain client data.
The Senior Enterprise Monitoring Engineer is responsible for the research, installation, implementation, and ongoing management of our monitoring infrastructure. This position requires a background in the installation and management (not just an end-user) equally of both infrastructure and application monitoring solutions. Implementation, management, and maintenance of monitoring solutions, specifically Splunk, SiteScope, APM Cloud, ExtraHop, SCOM, Spectrum and UIM.
What you bring to the Table (must-have, required):
• 8-10+ years of work related experience.
• This position requires a strong technical background in industry standard monitoring technologies, with the proven capability to implement and support complex environments.
• Experience with current internal tool set (Splunk, SiteScope, APM Cloud, ExtraHop, SCOM, Spectrum and UIM)
• Strong knowledge of both UNIX and Windows operating systems and architecture
• Strong IT Service Management process skills are required
• Project Management and excellent Troubleshooting skills are required
• Strong Change Management Process skills are required.
• Excellent people and communication skills are required
• Experience with Service Now for Incident, Case, Problem and Change Management
• Proven experience in developing a monitoring strategy, proactive and not reactive and a solid notification process
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as a proactive leader on the Payment Operations Service Quality Team
• Works closely with the Development organization, specifically the System Team to ensure that ongoing improvements are understood by the architecture team as well as the development team
• May meet with a client’ s technical team to explain our monitoring strategy and the benefit that it brings to the client and their customers
• Participates in continuous improvement efforts
• May serve as a lead on improvement projects.
• Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
• Provide timely updates to Client Requests and Incidents via Service Now
• Self-starter with sense of urgency
• Willingness to work in a team environment as well as independently and within an Agile methodology
• Experience managing technology strategy/roadmap.
• Possess good communication skills; both oral and written.
• Must exhibit good time management skills; independent decision making capability; focus on customer service.
• Ability to work with the other technical members of the team
• Education Bachelor’ s Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
• 5 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.