Sr. Solutions Engineer- VMware
Arlington, TX | Direct Hire
Our client, IT Consulting Firm, is looking a Senior Solutions Engineer for VMware to lead the planning and implementation of technical solutions to customers. They have professional level of expertise in Infrastructure Services core offerings of VMware vSphere. They are comfortable with installing/configuring the ESXi hypervisor and vCenter server. They need to be familiar with several areas of VMware solutions such as Horizon, NSX, Site Recovery Manager, and vRealize. The Senior Solutions Engineers are able to engage with customers, evaluate their business needs, self-direct, and assign themselves tasks to complete customer objectives within the scope of their assignments.
1. Proactively suggests improvements for self and company.
2. Creates timely documentation of project work and plans
3. Leads small teams and projects
4. Solve complex issues through coordination of multiple inside and outside resources.
5. Instills confidence through customer interactions and clear communication
6. Suggests new initiatives to Account Executives and customers and proactively meets customer expectations
7. Assists sales team with technical consulting
8. Leads pre sales discussion in expert areas with sales resources and verifies POs.
9. Identify customer needs and articulate potential solutions
10. Creates plans for implementation of identified needs
11. Implements technical solutions in areas of expertise
12. Confer or consult with department heads to plan and implement services and to secure information on equipment and customer specifications.
13. Confer with organizational members to accomplish work activities
14. Troubleshoots complex issues related to project implementation
15. Advise customers on technical or procedural issues.
16. Resolve customer complaints or problems.
17. Creates reports on hours and finances associated with projects.
18. Train and mentor Junior Staff
19. Monitor customer preferences to determine potential new sales efforts.
20. Confer with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advise customers on types of equipment to purchase.
21. Establish interpersonal business relationships to facilitate work activities.
22. Represent the organization in external relations.
23. Evaluate potential of products, technologies, or resources.
Requires Knowledge Of:
Technical Expertise — Solution Engineers will have a professional level of expertise in Infrastructure Services core offerings of VMware vSphere. They feel comfortable with installing/configuring the ESXi hypervisor and vCenter server. They need to be familiar with several areas of VMware configuration such as virtual switch configuration and connecting ESXI hosts to storage via fiber channel or ISCSI. They must be proficient enough for them to act independently to identify needs, create solutions, and resolve issues with customers.
Technical Analysis and Design – Uses system analysis techniques, both technically and through consulting with users, to design solutions for technical opportunities and issues. Implements the designs including testing and documenting solutions.
Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
1. Active Listening
2. Social Perceptiveness
4. Critical Thinking
5. Service Orientation
6. Judgment and Decision Making
7. Management of Personnel Resources
8. Communicating effectively in writing
9. Complex Problem Solving
11. Time Management
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’ s Degree
2. 5+ years’ experience
3. Certified as VCA or VCP. Network+ or equivalent.
Other Experience Helpful:
· Microsoft AD and Exchange
· Microsoft Hyper-V
· Dell Storage Solutions (SC)
· Dell Data Center Solutions
· EMC Solutions