Sr. Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA | Direct Hire
One of our clients is looking to add a Senior Backend Engineer to their team in their San Mateo office permanently.
Our office is growing and we are looking for senior level engineers with big data experience with specific expertise in AWS Redshift, AWS RDS, Cassandra, Percona Server/XtraDB Cluster, MongoDB, and a passion for building large scale distributed systems.
- Experience with highly available/fault tolerant, transaction processing systems and operating complex services running in the cloud are all required.
- Writing complex backend systems with object-orientated languages.
- Designing and developing efficient systems that involve BigData.
- Integrating 3rd party API's(REST, OAuth, JSONP).
- Coming up with feasible and practical solutions to tough problems.
- Write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain.
- Drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- Work and succeed in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Extensive database experience
- Must have experience with Linux severs.
- Experience with MySQL/MongoDB.
- Experience writing backend systems with object-oriented languages such as Golang/Python/Node.js.
- Experience integrating 3rd party API's (REST, OAuth, JSONP).
- Experience designing systems that involve Big Data.
- Experience with Cassandra, NoSQL, AWS, Redshift.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with AWS Lambda
- Excellent communication skills, along with sharp analytical abilities
- AWS knowledge (ElastiCache, S3, EMR, etc.) a plus
- DevOps skills a plus
- Non-Redshift MPP experience a plus
- Knowledge of Percona, Redis, PostgreSQL a plus
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science a plus