Sr. Software Engineer - Platform (Java/J2EE)
Alpharetta, GA | Direct Hire
Sr. Software Engineer - Platform
KEY SKILLS: Back-End Java/J2EE Development; Hibernate, Spring Frameworks; JPA; RESTful Web Services; RDBMS (MySQL preferred, Oracle OR SQL Server)
Our client is an industry-leading global SaaS company, located in Alpharetta, GA. We improve the quality of our customer’ s experience by developing, integrating and implementing an innovative software platform that increases motivation in the areas of learning, production, and quality metrics.
- Create sophisticated, imaginative and efficient solutions for a large-scale system.
- Work within a team to architect, write, and review code.
- Develop high-quality code, establishing development standards and practice by example.
- Design reusable components by utilizing various standard frameworks.
- Evaluate requirements and initial mock-ups; make technology recommendations that support optimal construction, maintenance and performance.
- Leverage the latest developments in Internet technologies.
- Serve as a technical resource and mentor.
- Advanced understanding of the J2EE platform
- Passionate and committed with strong sense of ownership and craftsmanship
- Strong communication skills (interpersonal, written and verbal)
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor' s degree in software engineering or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years software development experience in the following:
- Server side Java/J2EE, JPA, Hibernate, and Spring Framework
- SaaS application development with RESTful web services
- EIP with Spring Integration or Camel
- Familiarity with RDBMS (MySQL preferred, SQL Server, Oracle) and experience in Database Design