Sr. MySQL Database Administrator/Engineer
Alpharetta, GA | Direct Hire
Sr. Database Administrator/Engineer (MySQL)
Create and Manage MySQL DB Infrastructure
- Define, implement, and manage the replication, backup and failover procedures for all DB's.
- Define, implement, manage schema migration process for all DB’s including online schema change
- Define, implement, manage ETL process for the data warehouse
- Serve as the gatekeeper for operations activities; establish controls and processes around these functions.
- Support all Dev and Operations processes, assist in implementing automation to streamline work and increase consistency.
- Support virtual environments/servers/infrastructure including production
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years MySQL Operations experience
- Experience with Replication, performance tuning, AWS RDS, Percona tools
- Experience with NoSQL is a plus including DynamoDB, Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB
Key Factors for Success in the Position:
- Requires someone who can work with DevOps to build DB automation
- Requires someone who can work with Dev on schema update and deployment process
- Passionate and committed with strong sense of ownership and craftsmanship
- Strong communication skills (interpersonal, written and verbal)