Sr. Database Administrator/Architect
Addison, TX | Direct Hire
Senior DBA (Architect)
• Work with Applications Engineering and RIS/PACS Administrators to provide a working physical model of the database environment.
• Work with Systems Engineering in relation to application tuning.
• Fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation, or education.
• Producing weekly and monthly reports on database performance, problems and their solutions, as well as assisting in forecasts of future utilization and equipment requirements.
• Designing and building of a security scheme for the database environment.
• Monitor audit trails as needed; ensure Backup, Recovery and Failure procedures are designed, tested, documented and implemented.
• Performs software installations and upgrades as necessary.
• Interfaces with vendors in relation to “ Bug” reporting through resolution.
• Performs Data migrations from older versions to new versions
• Create and maintain test environments for all applications.
• BS or BA in computer science or related field required.
• 5- 10 years’ experience as a Database Administrator
• Microsoft SQL Certification
• Knowledge of relation database technology, high volume transaction processing procedures.
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2000, 2005, 2008.2012, and 2014
• Proficient in SQL and PL/SQL; SQL Loader
• Knowledge of modeling techniques
• Have the ability to successfully execute Database Administration Procedures
• Software Installation; Startup and Shutdown
• Backup and Recovery, including Archiving
• Database Monitoring; Database Tuning Techniques
• Resource Allocation; Storage Allocation
• User/Role Management
• Knowledge of SQL tuning techniques
• Knowledge of Third Party Database tools
• Ability to automate reports for users
• Perform at or above the enterprise’ s IS performance standards
• Data architecture and Data mining