Sr. Software developer
Dallas, TX | Direct Hire
Due to our rapid growth, we have a new opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer (.js-focused). Our software development team provides analysis, technical design, development, implementation and maintenance of the companies’ externally facing commerce and internal web applications. We are a progressive test driven, Agile/Scrum development environment taking advantage of open source technologies (.js) more and more each iterative cycle. We are looking for a talented, hands-on developer who is passionate about solving business problems through development of high quality code as we continue to build new online products and Internet marketing solutions for our customers and products.
We're keen on hiring someone who likes to craft scalable web application code that can be extended and maintained. As a member of the development team, you will work hands on in the development and implementation of consumer-facing web and mobile software products. You will be designing and developing modern / cutting edge frameworks and UI’s utilizing the latest .js frameworks.
Our target stack includes exciting platforms such as a big data solution, a message queue framework supporting asynchronous capabilities, NoSQL data persistence, as well as off-the-shelf tools such as Adobe and Salesforce. This position affords the right candidate an opportunity to layer into the organization’s target architecture a new UX stack unifying existing platforms and integrating with enterprise content management and A/B testing tools. In close cooperation with our UX and content teams, this high-visibility role also offers the ability to drive the company’s front-end design and development approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement software applications for new software development projects
- Assist in the definition of a new front-end platform for the organization
- Work effectively with other scrum team members to ensure the timely delivery of quality products into production
- Apply effective use of design patterns and best practices
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Re-factor current application design and/or implementation to support application enhancement requests
- Support software applications to resolve any defects and issues reported
- Contribute and adhere to development standards and best practices in software development
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Develop prototypes or demos for any strategic business initiatives
- Resolve application performance, security and scalability issues by identifying the bottle-necks, memory leaks and key areas for improvement
- 5+ years industry experience developing enterprise B2C web solutions
- Knowledge of application and system development methodologies (e.g., Agile/SCRUM, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), etc.)
- Experience integrating with RESTful services
- Experience with server-side languages such as Golang, Node.js, .Net or Java preferred
- Testing experience with Unit Testing, Integration Testing, TDD (Test Driven Development) is highly desirable
- Experience with source control and continuous integration practices
- Strong problem solving ability and time management skills
- Must be results-oriented, self-motivated, and have the ability to take ownership for responsibilities
- Good communication skills, oral and written, with technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree from an accredited institution with a Computer Science focus or related field. At least five years of experience working as a software engineer in an enterprise environment.