Sr Windows - VMWare Systems Engineer
Aliso Viejo, CA | Direct Hire
Position Title = Sr. Windows – VMWare Systems Engineer
Location = Aliso Viejo, CA
What we are looking for = candidates must have experience designing, implementing and supporting Windows Server 2012 and VMWare environments. We also need candidates that have experience with Linux server, network storage (SAN) and networking experience. In this team, the Systems Engineers do everything. Look for Systems Engineers in smaller companies in Southern California where they wear several hats and do everything. In larger companies, the Systems Engineers are usually more siloed and don’ t get exposure to multiple platforms and technologies.
POSTION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The primary responsibility of a Senior System Engineer is to provide the technical expertise needed to support day-to-day operations. This includes leading efforts to design, maintain and audit our rapidly growing infrastructure that must meet the needs of a challenging set of development, operations and business requirements. A Senior System Engineer will be expected to demonstrate innovative approaches to solving the unique challenges encountered at a rapidly expanding software company and be able to safely guard our infrastructure. The ideal candidate has a very strong understanding of core system administration concepts, experience implementing and monitoring servers along with experience of configuration change management.
Key Areas of Responsibility Include:
• Provide senior system administration expertise to the IT SaaS team.
• Assist in ensuring 24/7 availability of services and infrastructure in our production environment
• Respond to afterhours emergencies; lead the mitigation and resolution processes.
• Research, develop, and implement new technologies and best practices.
• Implementing, supporting, and migrating windows servers (Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012)
• Proficient at implementing, supporting, & managing enterprise SAN/NAS storage solutions (EMC, HP, etc.)
• Managing & supporting storage capacity plans
• Managing & supporting Microsoft Active Directory domains (Server 2003, 2008, 2012)
• Proficient at implementing & maintaining Microsoft Windows Clusters
• Implementing & supporting Microsoft Group Policies (GPO)
• Virtualization implementation, support, & maintenance (HYPER-V, Live Migration VMWare, vSphere)
• Quickly identify performance bottlenecks and provide remediation strategies
• Managing, provisioning, and maintain equipment life cycles
• Develop internal documentation for key systems and services.
• Proactively monitor and audit the health and availability of our systems.
• Participate in scalability and growth decisions.
• Assist the Development team’ s efforts in troubleshooting complex issues.
• 5+ years’ experience with system administration, BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
• Possesses In-depth knowledge and experience with the implementation and support of Windows servers
• In-depth understanding of industry best practices (PCI DSS, SOX, SSAE)
• In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN networks
• Knowledge of network load balancing technologies (Cisco, F5)
• Possess knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts
• Experience working with hardware, software, and third Party Vendors
• Experience with Change Management Processes
• Possess excellent written and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Recent experience handling on-call duties in a critical production datacenter
• Microsoft Certifications
• ITIL certification and familiarity with ITIL best practices
• Experience with SAN technologies
• Experience with data analysis / monitoring tools (WhatsUp Gold, Solar Winds, GFI)
• Experience in implement and supporting Cloud computing infrastructures
• Exposure managing, implementing, and supporting Cisco UCS (Blade Solution)