Sr Software Developer
Atlanta, GA | Contract
We are developing a custom back office configuration and control system which interfaces with our custom graphics rendering farm.
This rendering farm produces content for our OTT Local Now service - which is available by app on all major mobile, tablet, and OTT platforms -- plus through various distribution partners including Sling TV, DISH network, and coming soon You Tube TV.
Design, develop, code, install, debug and test software at a fully functional professional level for enhancements and new products. Develop software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internetrelated tools. Determine hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
This role will require competency with C#, .NET, Type script and Angular2 based application development and maintenance and experience developing and maintaining applications using SQL based databases and stored procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, code, install, debug and test moderately complex software solutions, while demonstrating professional expertise of data flow through systems implementation,
demonstrating sound judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Partner collaboratively with the business and project team to accomplish tasks/milestones/goals.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowchart vg s, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code comments
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis- recommending changes in policy and procedures
- Update job knowledge by studying stateoftheart development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field, or its equivalent.
- 3 years of related experience in software development with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Fully proficient professional
level software design, debugging, documentation, and testing skills,
requiring application of technical knowledge and skills necessary to complete and document projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of professional software development process and concepts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in required code development in area of specialization.
- Demonstrated proficiency to resolve a wide range of moderately complex business problems and
opportunities where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Functional network of seniorlevel
internal/external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Fully formed functional knowledge and application of business software lifecycle development.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, wiki and whiteboarding).
- Functional knowledge of Agile methodology.