Sr Software Developer
Atlanta, GA | Contract To Hire
Sr. Software Engineer
Position Description: The Senior Software Developer is a member of the BEST META development team. This team builds and maintains mission-critical video production systems. Sample projects include media asset management systems, digital toolkit, digital video archives, and catalog/search systems. The Senior Software Developer works as a Scrum team member, applying practical experience in the key disciplines of software engineering (object-oriented design and programming, configuration management, testing, etc.) to deliver incremental but complete pieces of business value to stakeholders. A Senior Developer not only demonstrates the skills and knowledge of a seasoned programmer but also growth and abilities beyond one particular programming language or paradigm, by showing capability and experience in more than one advanced and modern programming languages or framework.
• BS in Computer Science or related field required; MS in Computer Science or related field preferred
• A minimum of seven years of software development experience, with a strong focus on application development
• Minimum four years of Java and/or Scala, or a mix of other modern programming languages, where two years or more to include primary development against highly available applications.
• Strong working knowledge of XML/JSON, HTML, and associated modern technologies
• Five or more years of experience developing systems with enterprise databases (document or relational), including strong working knowledge of SQL and modern ORM tools
• Have previous experience, of at least three years, building medium to large-scale, "mission critical" "high availability" production systems that directly support essential business, and technical, or operational functions.
• Experience with the functional style of programming and/or functional languages such as Scala, Clojure, or Erlang is considered a plus.
• One year of experience with digital video and audio systems development is a plus.