Sr Server Engineer
Greenville, SC | Direct Hire
Sr Server Engineer
Summary of Position:
We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Server Engineer to join the firm’ s expanding Technology Department in our Greenville, SC administrative office.
The Senior Server Engineer supports the firm’ s server environments and is responsible for working across departments to ensure that the overall system functions to its maximum potential and is responsible for the availability and performance of the firm’ s global application hosting infrastructure. Acts as chief server architect and 3rd level technical support resource. Serves as a subject matter expert on internal cross-functional teams, and interfaces with vendors in the planning, design, and delivery of infrastructure services.
- Engineer, implement, manage, and support complex server deployments in a global, multi-site enterprise environment.
- Engineer, implement, manage, and support server patching, monitoring, security hardening, and backups.
- Plan, manage and communicate system maintenance activities.
- Resolve day-to-day service and support requests within established service levels.
- Perform server system administrator duties on all Firm servers.
- Fulfill or facilitate requests for server installs, adds, moves, changes, and decommissions.
- Manage projects and provide project support as needed.
- Create and maintain relevant system and procedure documentation.
- Champion continual process and system improvement initiatives.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support as needed.
- 8+ years actively supporting a large, multi-site Microsoft client-server enterprise environment.
- Data Center Experience a must
- Fabric experience required
- experience working with 500+ virtual machines
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory, Windows 2008 R2 & 2012 R2 Server, & Virtualization ( Hyper-V is required).
- Expert knowledge of server hardware components and configurations (Dell hardware, blade and Flex technology).
- Expert knowledge of data center architecture and failover clustering.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) or related technology
- Highly Proficient in Enterprise monitoring solutions like Solarwinds or SAM - version of Solarwinds
- Intermediate knowledge of BATCH, VBS, PowerShell scripting.
- Good working knowledge of enterprise MS applications including SQL, IIS, SharePoint, and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).- SQL Servier Clusters
- Experience installing and configuring enterprise level Linux-based operating systems.
- Good working knowledge of SAN/NAS technologies (EMC and Dell Compellent + iSilon).
- Good basic knowledge of basic network troubleshooting and configurations.
- Understanding of networking and CISCO products is strongly desirable and F5 load balancing
- Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- MCSE, MCSA, CompTIA Network+
- Working knowledge of ITIL and ITSM best practices.
- Experience working in a law firm.