Sr Ruby Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA | Direct Hire
Sr. Software Engineer
Full stack with deep experience building web applications using Ruby on Rails and modern front-end frameworks like EmberJS, AngularJS, etc. The Sr. Engineer will assist the team as a developer of our financial applications and work with Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL and Redis. In this role he/she will continuously improve the design and quality of our products using RSpec, CircleCI and diligent coding practices.
- Work on a small team to improve and extend an existing Rails application.
- Build new JSON APIs.
- Replace UI based on new style guides.
- Work deep in codebase to refactor and address technical debt.
- Developed multiple Ruby and Rails applications and can identify and resolve complex performance challenges
- Not afraid of digging through legacy code and making it better
- Know source control tools and can do more than simple branching and merges.
- PrimeRevenue uses git and Github.
- Understand the value of testing and strive for high test coverage.
- Supported production applications and know how to build software that won’t create late night support calls
- You understand 12Factor, API design, Message Queues, REST and design patterns.
- You understand CSS and UI frameworks like Bootstrap.
- You understand PostgreSQL, Redis and SQL.
- You pride yourself in making pragmatic technical decisions.
- Deployed applications in both cloud and data center environments.
- Experience with Docker (our application is already in production on Docker)
- Experience with large scale consumer web applications
- Experience with the development of document management, workflow and reporting systems.
- Experience with Fintech and businesses in the financial sector.